river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Creswell <...@dcrdev.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Source drop and bug database
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 23:33:04 GMT
Mark Brouwer wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> I think that it's something that doesn't need to be decided up front -
>> it's something that can evolve as the community does.
>
> While I understand it is quite easy to move things around in the
> repository, it is always troubles for those working on the project. So a
> little bit of thinking up front won't do any harm.

Agreed but do you not feel like we're still guessing for the most part?

Especially as we haven't got much in the way of feedback from the
community to give us a hint as to how they might want things done?

> At least I can identify ServiceUI and the JTSK as completely independent
> and maybe also the QA test framework. We have to make a decision either
> way so I'm in favor of:

Given that these are well isolated packages anyways, I'm not as yet sure
why giving them all a separate trunk helps us much at this stage.  I'd
want to figure out what the interface dependencies etc are between these
things first at least.

> /river/jtsk/trunk
> /river/qatest/trunk     [a bit less sure about this one]
> /river/serviceui/trunk
> /river/site/

Let's see what others think.......I'm just aware that we've not seen
much from anyone else (particularly committers) as yet on this or many
of the other topics we've started in on.

Dan.