river-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Venners <bv-...@artima.com>
Subject Re: new site added to SVN and published
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:07:52 GMT
Hi Geir,

On Jan 3, 2007, at 1:44 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> yep - through the CCLA, Artima can license a copy to the ASF.

I've finally prepped these docs, but I'm afraid I need a bit of hand-
holding for submitting the code. How should I package ServiceUI, and
where do I submit it via JIRA? What should be included in the
package? Once I get it submitted, I can stick the JIRA ID on the CCLA
itself and fax or mail it (whichever is preferred).

Thanks.

Bill

>>> 1) package and contribute via a JIRA
>>>
>>> 2) submit an CCLA to the ASF Scty where the contribution is noted
>>> by JIRA ID (makes it much easier to figure out what is what
>>> later...)
>>>
>>> 3) when the paperwork is done, project votes to accept the
>>> contribution
>>>
>>> The last step is a way to clearly exercise active oversight on
>>> the codebase - it means that people other than the committer that
>>> eventually puts the code in SVN are paying attention to what is
>>> entering SVN.
>>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Bill
>>

>>> geir