reef-dev mailing list archives

From Tyson Condie <tcondie.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Tang question
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2018 18:26:50 GMT
Hi,

I came across an interface signature that did not make sense to me. In
ConfigurationModuleBuilder (Tang), the bindNamedParameter methods allow
bindings to Impl:

public final <T> ConfigurationModuleBuilder bindNamedParameter(
    final Class<? extends Name<T>> iface, final Impl<? extends T> opt) {

I have solely be using bindImplementation for such bindings, and would
assume that bindNamedParameter should (in concert) only allow bindings to
Param.

Could someone please explain why bindNamedParameter allows bindings to Impl
implementations? Also, It looks like bindImplementation (correctly) does
not include a method to bind to Param implementations.

Thanks,
Tyson

p.s., Rusty I Bcc'ed you in case you didn't want the email I had for you
out in the open.