reef-dev mailing list archives

From Chenxi Zhao <Chenxi.Z...@microsoft.com.INVALID>
Subject ProtoBuf generated files manually checked in in REEF .NET
Date Fri, 11 May 2018 23:59:57 GMT
Hi all,

I noticed that in REEF .NET protobuf files are defined in reef\lang\cs\Org.Apache.REEF.Common\Protobuf\Proto
and generated CS files are in reef\lang\cs\Org.Apache.REEF.Common\Protobuf\ReefProtocol. However,
.pb.cs files in in reef\lang\cs\Org.Apache.REEF.Common\Protobuf\ReefProtocol are manually
checked in instead of being generated by build script. I wonder what is the command line and
version of protobuf to generate those files when we merged these files?

I tried to use protoc-3.0.0 (e.g. protoc.exe ./reef_service_protos.proto --csharp_out=./)
to regenerate those files but the format looks quite different.

What I am working on is trying to add a new proto file in REEF .NET, and I want to make sure
the generated file format are consistent. Could someone help clarify on the how .pb.cs files
are generated? And I think we may want to have them changed to be generated by build script
in future.

Thanks,
Chenxi