reef-dev mailing list archives

From Tyson Condie <tcondie.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gRPC based Java Bridge
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2018 21:01:07 GMT
The key solution that the new bridge will take on involves a dual process
design, where the core java driver is in one process, and the application
driver is in the other process. From there, we need to communicate
information between these two worlds. gRPC+protocol buffers is one way of
doing that communication. Since protocol buffers are already used between
driver and evaluator, I felt the same would be best between
driver-to-driver, and gRPC seems to be a well tested/supported RPC layer
for protocol buffers.

-Tyson