reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal for supporting different platforms with .NET Core runtime
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2018 23:08:43 GMT
I am all for supporting cross-platform job submission and run. This
has been a long standing issue in the HDI runtime, for example:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/REEF-322

What I don't understand is the need for multiple different builds of
REEF, one per platform. Once we move to .NET Core, we no longer have
any native code in the project. Hence, we should run wherever we have
.NET Core installed. The one hiccup are the Windows- and UNIX-isms
around path and list separators. But I don't see how that creates a
need for multiple builds.

Markus