reef-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Inglis <msing...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Targeting .net standard 2.0
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2018 00:20:12 GMT
Hello,

Now that we are on .net461, I am opening this proposal to change the
libraries to target .netstandard 2.0 as .net461 executables can target .net
standard libraries. Targeting .netstandard is an interim step to moving to
.net core and will put us in a position where most of the code will be
running on .net core. With this change all test projects, the bridge and
evaluator will target .net 461, everything else that is a library will
target .netstandard.

Note that with this change there is a dependency issue between the FatNuGet
project and the Evaluator. Since the FatNuGet project builds as a library,
it cannot target an executable as a dependency, which in turn causes
compiler errors when building FatNuGet as a .netstandard library. As a fix,
I change remove the dependency on the Evaluator and have it copied as part
of the nuget process.

Any thoughts on these changes?

Thanks,

Scott