reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Org.Apache.REEF.API?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2018 20:31:51 GMT
On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 11:13 AM, Julia Wang (QIUHE) <
Qiuhe.Wang@microsoft.com.invalid> wrote:

> However, at runtime, they would still need to have the implementation
> packages.

Yes, this proposal doesn't address the runtime dependency issue at all. We
still have to make all of REEF.NET compile and run on .NET Standard 2.0.

If a referenced version is different between REEF implementation packages
> and clients' code, would that be an issue?

Good question. There should be some way of checking this. But even if it
"just fails", we should be good: it is the App dev's responsibility to make
sure they reference the right versions at runtime.

> Is it for REEF only? How about TANG and WAKE? REEF has dependency on TANG
> and WAKE APIs. Pulling all API including REEF/TANG/WAKE together seems too
> much. The other option is for REEF API to reference TANG and WAKE.

AFAIK, REEF only takes an API dependency on Tang, and Tang is mostly .NET
Standard 2.0 compliant. If not, we could separate it into API and
Implementation DLLs as well.

Markus