reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: [REEF-1963] reef-bridge-client jar is added to local files instead of global files
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2018 21:27:14 GMT
On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:06 PM, Chenxi Zhao <
Chenxi.Zhao@microsoft.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found a problem in existing code - there is an inconsistency between the
> code and comments in the patch of [REEF-1963].
>
> This code is here:
> https://github.com/apache/reef/pull/1419/files#diff-
> efdd11540e9df2901a6805761a41acb5R94
>
> The comments say reef-bridge-client jar is going to be added in global
> files, as well as the Jira ticket says (https://issues.apache.org/
> jira/browse/REEF-1963) but actually it is adding to local files.
>
> Any comments?

Thanks for reporting this. If the JAR is actually added to the *local*
files by the code, the code is right.

Background: Local files are only copied to the Driver, Global files to all
Evaluators. The bridge JAR is only needed on the Driver.

Next steps: Can you please leave a commend of REEF-1963 with your finding?
That is the most likely place people would look for information on the
discrepancy, followed by this list.

Thanks!

Markus