reef-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Inglis <msing...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C# VS 2017 Project Migration
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2018 16:31:42 GMT
Gon --

All existing projects have a corresponding .DotNet project that targets
.net 452 -- this is meant to get to parity with what we currently have with
the older projects. I have a switch in the build settings that does enable
a .netcore build. When this switch is active, it will build .net45 and
.netcore 2.0 but this is not a functioning build as there is work that
needs to be done with the bridge. I have also discovered other issues
related to .netcore (like how do we handle runtime executables (windows vs
linux)?) that I will bring up to the forum and create JIRAs to address.

With what is there now, we now have the ability to restore nuget packages,
build and test .net 452 binaries using the new projects from the command
line and in Visual Studio. I will post an update to my plan as for the
migration as I have found some other issues that need to be addressed.