reef-dev mailing list archives

From Reed Umbrasas <ryum...@microsoft.com.INVALID>
Subject REEFExecutor in Mesos Runtime
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2018 20:37:51 GMT
Hi,

While developing REEF runtime for Azure Batch we ran into a very similar issue that has been
already addressed in the Mesos runtime. Namely, we need to specify a process to start at the
time of requesting a resource from Azure Batch. I see that Mesos starts org.apache.reef.runtime.mesos.evaluator.REEFExecutor
process which sends a message back to the Driver which in turn fires off the AllocatedEvaluator
event. Once the application driver handles the event, a message is sent back to the REEFExecutor
to start the evaluator via the REEFLauncher.

Since we need to implement a very similar mechanism for Azure Batch runtime, does it make
sense to build a generic version of REEFExecutor or should our implementation reside and be
limited to Azure Batch runtime?

Thanks,
Reed