reef-dev mailing list archives

From Reed Umbrasas <ryum...@microsoft.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: REEFExecutor in Mesos Runtime
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2018 22:24:56 GMT
Hi Gon,

Yes, we are creating a new runtime package for Azure Batch. I did see that there is quite
a bit of Mesos-specific logic in org.apache.reef.runtime.mesos.evaluator.REEFExecutor; but
I was wondering if there were any plans to provide a generic version that could be used across
runtimes.

In the meantime, I'll just go ahead and create a separate one for Azure Batch unless anyone
have other input.

Thanks,
Reed

-----Original Message-----
From: Byung-Gon Chun [mailto:bgchun@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 1:20 PM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Subject: Re: REEFExecutor in Mesos Runtime

Hi Reed,

org.apache.reef.runtime.mesos.evaluator.REEFExecutor implements org.apache.mesos.Executor.
The code has implementation is specific to mesos. It may be better to create a separate executor
class for Azure Batch runtime.

John, could you add comments since you worked on the REEF mesos runtime?

Are you creating a new reef runtime package for Azure Batch?

Thanks.
-Gon

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 5:37 AM, Reed Umbrasas <ryumbra@microsoft.com.invalid

--