reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: Dot Net implementation for Azure Batch
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2018 17:18:58 GMT
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 8:50 AM, Sharath Malladi <
sharathm@microsoft.com.invalid> wrote:

> There is a nuget package (https://www.nuget.org/packages/Azure.Batch/)
> that I can import into the Org.Apache.REEF.Client.DotNet.csproj C#
> project but that requires taking a dependency on .NET 4.5.2 and .NET
> Standard 1.4.

Moving to .NET 4.5.2 seems fine to me. However, we should probably do that
in a separate JIRA to alert people to the change in the auto-generated
release notes.

> When reviewing my changes, I noticed that the csproj file calls out a
> reference to [JIRA REEF-1888] which seems to about removing .net46 and
> .net451 targets. I think that means that taking a dependency on that nuget
> package will need to be reversed when we resolve REEF-1888.

REEF-1888 will only trigger once we switch to .NET Standard 2.0 as our
*only* target. Given that the client library you mention requires only .NET
Standard 1.4, we should be fine.

Markus