reef-dev mailing list archives

From Youngeun Cho <ye...@rubis.snu.ac.kr>
Subject How to implement a REEF extension
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2017 11:13:11 GMT
To whom it may concern,

We write this email to ask for your guide to our REEF extension.

We are trying to implement an interference-aware multiple job scheduler on
REEF.

To achieve this, we composed our architecture as two parts.
First, we profile each job's execution, and according to it, we allocate
the job to the best available resource.

We are trying to modify the REEF source code to attach our profiler
implementation.
However we are struggling to find the good starting place to insert our
code.

We think the best place to insert our code, may be where REEF calls lower
resource manager to allocate resources for the job.

Could you kindly let us know where(name and location of the file) to modify
the source code?

Thank you.

Youngeun Cho,Youngsu Cho, and Joongsuk Park

Department of Computer Science,
Seoul National University