reef-dev mailing list archives

From "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qiuhe.W...@microsoft.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Disable tests on OpenJDK 7?
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 19:40:18 GMT
If it is only they started between September 2nd and September 8th, can someone who made the
change look at it? Skip it will hide the bug and will be hard to find the root cause when
more changes are applied on top of it.

-Julia

-----Original Message-----
From: Mariia Mykhailova [mailto:mamykhai@microsoft.com.INVALID]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:39 PM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Subject: RE: Disable tests on OpenJDK 7?

If we claim that REEF runs on any Java 1.7 (which is why we configured OpenJDK in first place),
we need to understand why JVM crashes on OpenJDK and not on Oracle JDK.

These failures were not happening when we configured OpenJDK build, they started between September
2nd and September 8th, a month after last change in Travis configuration on our side. It is
possible that we've introduced some bug which causes the crash

-Mariia