reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: REEF.NET: Canonical way to know that a Driver is done?
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2017 21:34:46 GMT
On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 2:23 PM, Julia Wang (QIUHE) <
Qiuhe.Wang@microsoft.com.invalid> wrote:

> Not aware of.

Bummer. I am thinking of making one which uses the Driver's HTTP endpoint
on a hanging request. The request will be answered by the Driver as part of
the DriverStop event handler. Does this make sense? It is a bit of a hack,
but could work. Trouble is that REEF.NET doesn't have the DriverStop
message. Hence, this HTTP endpoint needs to be implemented in Java.

WDYT?

If we had such an API, the client may not have time to call it before the
> driver shut down I guess.

In Java, we use an Event for this on the client. But even if not, we could
always cache the outcome in the client.

Markus