reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: YARN Request IDs are here
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 11:01:29 GMT

> This feature is in 2.9.0, 3.0.0-beta1. When can we pick up Hadoop 2.9.0?

I have no objections to targeting a new Hadoop release with REEF 0.17. One
concern is, however, that each time we do that we cut off some users. Maybe
send a [DISCUSS] thread to the list to alert everyone that we might be
doing that. If nobody complains, I see no reason why we couldn't. If this
move creates a problem for some users, we can write code around it that
only enables it if the job is run on a new-enough version of Hadoop. But
that is the second-best solution.

That being said, I would not support a move to a pre-release of Hadoop.
Released versions of REEF should only depend on released versions of Hadoop.

Markus