reef-dev mailing list archives

From Sergiy Matusevych <sergiy.matusev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reef-runtime-spark--moving to Java1.8 [Discuss]
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 00:22:57 GMT
Hi Saikat,

REEF can run on JVM 1.8 just fine - we just don't use any Java 1.8 language
features at the moment. (Note that we don't prevent REEF applications from
using Java8!)

Are there any features in Spark API that might require reef-runtime-spark
use Java8? If not, I would suggest sticking to Java7 for the time being and
properly redesign REEF API to take full advantage of Java8 (say, using
lambdas instead of EventHandler classes) later. I really don't want to mix
our Spark integration effort with any other sub-projects.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Sergiy.