reef-dev mailing list archives

From Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The plan for reef-1791
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2017 22:40:56 GMT
Hello Folks,
I wanted to give a quick end of the week status on reef-1791, here's what I
have working so far:
* Successfully launching the LineCounter program using the DataLoader
architecture against the spark runtime for a local file running against a 1
node hadoop yarn install
* Successfully invoking the flatmap function and having reef launcher run
inside of that against all the predefined partitions

ToDo
* Some code cleanup before I submit a PR, no unit tests yet , will add
during the the time we're flushing out the PR
* Documentation around the chosen architecture

What are the major changes:
* Addition of a new runtime called reef-runtime-spark which invokes the
sparkcontext and launches reef within that cotnext through a simple flatmap
function for now
* Had to change all the Reef Configuration relation classes
(JavaConfigurationBuilderImpl) to implement the Serializable interface as
each closure in spark requires that all the classes passed inside them have
to be serializable, I am wondering about the impact of this (including
performance impact) against the rest of the reef codebase

Please let me know if there are any questions or additional feedback, look
for the cr hopefully in the next week or so.
Thanks in advance.