reef-dev mailing list archives

From Sergiy Matusevych <sergiy.matusev...@gmail.com>
Subject Q: reef web interface configuration
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2017 23:21:14 GMT
Hi Julia,

I have a question about REEF HTTP server configuration in
reef-bridge-client. We have the class
org.apache.reef.bridge.client.YarnJobSubmissionClient. In its .launch()
method, we submit a new YARN application via YarnSubmissionHelper.submit(),
and *then* write the Driver’s HTTP endpoint info to the file.

I have a few questions about this process:

1) why do we write the HTTP endpoint *after* we submit the YARN job? I
understand that it takes seconds for YARN to actually launch the job, but
still, shouldn't we write that file *before* it?

2) why do we need that file for HTTP endpoint configuration at all? Can't
we pass the hostname and the port as part of the regular Driver
configuration so it will be automatically injected where we need it?

P.S. I am asking because we'll need to pass a few parameters for the new
bridge configuration (basically, the port number of the new Java <-> .NET
TCP bridge), and I wanted to know if we need to use a separate file for our
config.

Thank you,
Sergiy.