reef-dev mailing list archives

From Tyson Condie <tcondie.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Evaluator idle gets killed
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 22:46:51 GMT
Is it the case that an idle Evaluator gets killed? I ask because my (idle)
Evaluator gets killed, and when I drill down to the evaluator.stderr I see
the following (specifically the last line):
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=128m;
support was removed in 8.0
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
MaxPermSize=128m; support was removed in 8.0
Aug 24, 2017 3:21:17 PM org.apache.reef.runtime.common.REEFLauncher main
INFO: Entering REEFLauncher.main().
Aug 24, 2017 3:21:18 PM org.apache.reef.util.REEFVersion logVersion
INFO: REEF Version: 0.16.0
Aug 24, 2017 3:21:18 PM
org.apache.reef.runtime.common.evaluator.context.defaults.DefaultContextStartHandler
onNext
INFO: DefaultContextStartHandler received:
org.apache.reef.runtime.common.evaluator.context.ContextStartImpl@708f5957
Aug 24, 2017 3:21:18 PM
org.apache.reef.wake.impl.MissingStartHandlerHandler onNext
WARNING: No binding to Clock.StartHandler. It is likely that the clock will
immediately go idle and close.

If (for some reason) idle evaluators are not allowed, then how do I
configure an Evaluator to not be idle... basically, I want to hold on to
Evaluators, running tasks every now and then.

Thanks,
Tyson Condie