reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: Discussion: [REEF-1849] Fix CoreCLR incompatibilities in REEF Network
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2017 18:11:38 GMT
Hi,

I'm actually in favor of just using the available library from
Microsoft. Cache management is one of the hard things in CS, and I'd
rather not get into it with our own code. We solve other hard problems
:)

To make this change more agreeable and less breaking, can we maybe
deprecate the old parameters and ignore them? Or, where that is
possible, understand them as the new parameters? Of course, we need to
log these instances and also mark the JIRA as `breaking`.

WDYT?

Markus