reef-dev mailing list archives

From "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qiuhe.W...@microsoft.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Overlapping issues
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 00:17:54 GMT
Exception type used in IMRU is quite sensitive. This is because some exceptions are recoverable
in fault tolerant and some are not. For some exception types, we handle in one way for generic
one we handle in another way. So the changes in exception types always need special attention
:).

I have left some comments in the PR #1339.

Julia

-----Original Message-----
From: Rogan Carr [mailto:rogan.carr@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 4:11 PM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Subject: Overlapping issues

Hi All,

I've taken on REEF-1585, which is updating Org.Apache.REEF.IMRU to .NET Core compatibility.
The issues here are actually all having to do with an error we throw.

Essentially, I'm converting RemotingException to an allowed exception class.

When I do this, should I also fix the custom throws that we have in the codebase, or should
I leave those unchanged because these are a separate issue, REEF-1467?

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Rogan