reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: What's the blessed way to compile REEF.NET right now?
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 02:54:36 GMT
On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Douglas Service <dsopsrc@gmail.com> wrote:
> This error seems especially disturbing. Did you try setting the SDK in the
> C++ bridge to 10.xxx?

When I open the properties of the Bridge project, it shows me that the
Windows SDK Version is set to `10.0.15063.0`. When I set it manually
to `8.1`, the build proceeds much further and ends with the following
error:

```
Error  Could not copy the file
"..\packages\Newtonsoft.Json.10.0.3\lib\net45\Newtonsoft.Json.dll"
because it was not found. Org.Apache.REEF.Bridge.CLR
```

I assume that one is the known issue of the other thread?

When I set the SDK to `10.0.14393.0`, the other version of offer, I
get the known error

```
Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'mscoree.h': No such file or
directory Org.Apache.REEF.Bridge
d:\src\reef\lang\cs\org.apache.reef.bridge\InteropUtil.h 25
```

Am I the only one observing these problems? If not, maybe we should
just hard-code the 8.1 SDK?

Markus