reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: Disable tests with transient failures
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 14:21:41 GMT
On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 10:56 PM, Mariia Mykhailova
<mamykhai@microsoft.com.invalid> wrote:
> Would you really prefer to do a release without tests than a release with some known
transient issues tracked by CI and JIRA issues?

We have decided not to release with transient issues many times over
on this list. Compared to not releasing, I prefer releasing with fewer
tests and a clear and open message about that.

> +1 for doing the release with known transient issues - so that your desire to do a release
doesn’t push you to bad engineering decisions,

Wohoo! Let's work towards that, then!

Markus