reef-dev mailing list archives

From Rogan Carr <rogan.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Use of PerformanceCounter
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 00:02:40 GMT
Hi All,

PerformanceCounter, used in the MachineStatus class, is not CoreCLR
compatible, so I've been investigating updating it to something that can
work cross-platform.

In my investigations, I noticed that I am never actually able to get the
machine status from the clusters in the current implementation. I always
get a permissions error. [1] I am running on Azure HDInsight clusters
(Windows, Hadoop 2.7.0).

Does anybody have an application or cluster setup where they do see
performance numbers in their logs?

I'm wondering if we can just remove the current implementation, leaving a
stubbed out class, and create a new JIRA asking for an implementation.

Best,
Rogan

[1] The permissions error
"""
WARNING: ExceptionCaught UnauthorizedAccessException Cannot obtain machine
status due to error
Encountered error [System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the
registry key 'Global' is denied.
"""