reef-dev mailing list archives

From Rogan Carr <rogan.c...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Standalone HelloREEF
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2017 00:55:21 GMT
Hi Julia,

I did not do that. I'll give that a try next.

For the bigger picture, I was trying to build the project without any
manual steps — is it necessary to copy this exe along with all REEF.NET
applications?

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Rogan

On Jul 24, 2017 17:30, "Julia Wang (QIUHE)"
<Qiuhe.Wang@microsoft.com.invalid> wrote:

Did you copy Org.Apache.REEF.Evaluator.exe in the folder where you run
HelloREEF?

Julia

-----Original Message-----
From: Rogan Carr [mailto:rogan.carr@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 5:12 PM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Subject: Standalone HelloREEF

Hi All,

I'm trying to build a standalone HelloREEF project for REEF.NET, but I keep
getting a failure that reef\global\Org.Apache.Reef.Evaluator.exe cannot be
found (see [1] for the log line).

My goal is to build a new REEF application, using this as an example.

Here's what I did:
1) Clone reef from github
2) Copy the HelloREEF to a new directory.
3) Delete everything but the *.cs files
4) Open VS2017, install all the REEF.NET dependencies
1) Clone reef from github
2) Copy the HelloREEF to a new directory.
3) Delete everything but the *.cs files
4) In Visual Studio 2017, create a new project using the existing files,
install all the REEF.NET dependencies
5) Compile
 - Org.Apache.REEF.Evaluator is not necessary
6) Run
 - `cd` into the bin\Debug\x64\ directory, execute `helloREEF.exe`
- Note that Org.REEF.Evaluator.exe.config is present in this directory, but
Org.REEF.Evaluator.exe is not.
7) Examine log files, find the failure notice.
8) Add Org.REEF.Evaluator.exe as a dependency to the project
9) Run again, and see the same failure

Can someone point me in the right direction? What's the appropriate way to
include this dependency?

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Rogan

[1] Log Line that causes the failure: SEVERE: Unable to spawn process
"Node-2-1500937223631" wth command [reef\global\Org.Apache.Reef.
Evaluator.exe,
reef/local/evaluator.conf]
 Exception:java.io.IOException: Cannot run program
"reef\global\Org.Apache.Reef.Evaluator.exe" (in directory
"C:\Users\rogan\AppData\Local\Temp\reef-HelloREEF-20170724
160016854\Node-2-1500937223631"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot
find the file specified

PS. This is a cross-post to user@reef.apache.org, but it didn't seem to go
through, so I'm posting here.