reef-dev mailing list archives

From Rogan Carr <rogan.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Listening to Messages
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2017 21:10:38 GMT
Hi All,

I am writing a simple little program where two Tasks, in different
contexts, talk to each other by sending NsMessage<string>s back and forth.

My listener implements IObservable<NsMessage<string>> and is able to
collect the messages and write them out, so I know that the tasks can
successfully send messages back and forth.

However, I occassionally get an IRemote<NsMessage<string>> instead of a
NsMessage<string> [1].

Is this expected? Should I add listeners for both? I noticed that the
GroupCommunications does this (in GroupCommNetworkObserver). And if it's
expected, why are two different types of observables being generated?

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Rogan

[1] WARNING: In ReadAsync function unable to read the message.
Org.Apache.REEF.Wake.Remote.Impl.StreamingLink`1[[Org.Apache.REEF.Wake.Remote.IRemoteEvent`1[[Org.Apache.REEF.Network.NetworkService.NsMessage`1[[S
ystem.String, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]], Org.Apache.REEF.Network,
Version=0.15.0.0, Culture=neu
tral, PublicKeyToken=c27bf5b2e9a7ddb9]], Org.Apache.REEF.Wake,
Version=0.15.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c27bf5b2e9a7ddb9]] Error:
-07-27T13:56:54.4583877-07:00 0005