reef-dev mailing list archives

From Mariia Mykhailova <mamyk...@microsoft.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Does reef build on the mac
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 20:21:58 GMT
Indeed we've missed to mention that these commands should be executed from the root REEF folder.
I've sent PR to fix this: https://github.com/apache/reef/pull/1318

-Mariia

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Weimer [mailto:markus@weimo.de]
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 9:31 AM
To: REEF Developers Mailinglist <dev@reef.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Does reef build on the mac

> 1) It seems that we dont have a top level build file on the java side
> of the world that builds all the maven projects, it would be really
> helpful to have something like this that figures out all the
> dependencies and creates an uber jar assembly containing all the other
> jar files

We do. the root of the repository has `pom.xml`, which is the main build file. Just type `mvn
-DskipTests clean install` to compile REEF.
This is documented in `lang/java/BUILD.md`. What's missing there are instructions that you
should do this in the root directory of the project. Contributions welcome :)

Markus