reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: Network references Driver
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 20:39:30 GMT
On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Douglas Service <dsopsrc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> For instance, we could move all the Driver APIs into REEF Common,
>> which mimics the structure we have on the Java side.
> [...]
> You prefer to move it into Common instead of GroupCommunications?

What I meant was to move all of the Driver APIs into REEF Common. That
way, REEF networking, IMRU and such all take a dependency on that part
anyhow. That structure promotes a different kind of decoupling: Every
REEF application needs to use the Driver APIs, but not every app needs
[Networking | IMRU | Storage | ...]. Only when such an optional
dependency is taken should they incur the cost of adding those DLLs
and associated files to their package.

If we do this. O.A.R.Driver becomes essentially a single-file project
with a `Main[]` function that depends on O.A.R.Common.

Makes sense?

Markus