reef-dev mailing list archives

From Douglas Service <dsop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Network references Driver
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 20:10:16 GMT

> Why does the reference prevent changes? Does it create a circular
> dependency?

Yes, this creates a circular dependency.

> This would be difficult. The Group Communications service has, like
> many services, a Driver side and an Evaluator side. We have the same
> structure in other cases such as IPartitionedDataSet. Hence, we need
> to find a way where this structure of referencing the Driver API from
> other places doesn't cause problems.
>
> For instance, we could move all the Driver APIs into REEF Common,
> which mimics the structure we have on the Java side.

>From an architectural perspective, the Group Communications service is a
hybrid systems built on two lower level systems, network and driver. The
core systems like networking should have minimal coupling with coupling
being handled through hybrid systems which sit in a stack. The more
coupling the higher in the stack. It appears that IMRU uses this structure
as it depends on Driver, Evaluator, IO, and Network.

All of the driver references are in the group comm code except for the some
in TcpClientConfigurationModule.

You prefer to move it into Common instead of GroupCommunications?

Doug