reef-dev mailing list archives

From Tae-Geon Um <taegeo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.16 release plan
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2017 01:29:01 GMT
Thanks Julia for the work!

It looks like Java and .NET builds are almost stable, except for the recent build failure
in .NET side [1].
As Julia said in REEF-1406 [2], we would need to wait for time if this failure is reproduced
or not.

I will wait for a week and call a release vote if there are no build failures during that
time.
Thanks!

Taegeon

[1]: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/reef/build/1453-master <https://ci.appveyor.com/project/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/reef/build/1453-master>
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/REEF-1406 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/REEF-1406>

> On Mar 30, 2017, at 10:28 AM, Julia Wang (QIUHE) <Qiuhe.Wang@microsoft.com.INVALID>
wrote:

> I have resolved all the .Net test issues for now. The fixes contain what I have identifies
so far based on the failures.

> I agree with Marria, as they are transit failures, also they failed for multiple reasons
sometimes, we need to continue to observe if the issues come back again.

> Thanks,
> Julia

wait for some time and to observe whether they are actually fixed or just lying low until
the next reoccurrence. We had to reopen some bugs which looked resolved in the past but then
reoccurred.

>> -Mariia
>>

>> ________________________________

(and 1 issue still remains with 1 pending PR).

>> Because of the unresolved issues (3 .NET side and 1 java side), I think it would
be good to delay the release vote.
>> However, judging from the progress we made, I think all of the issues could be resolved
until at the end of this week or begging of next week.

>> I will call a vote as soon as possible after they are resolved.
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Taegeon
>>
>>> On Mar 23, 2017, at 5:47 PM, Byung-Gon Chun <bgchun@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you for all the efforts to make release 0.16 happen!
>>>
>>> Taegeon, could you give us status update? Thanks.

a System.exit() call at the end.