reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: [Discuss] How to deal with `ITask.Dispose()` / `Task.close()` exceptions
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 15:34:53 GMT
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Douglas Service <dsopsrc@gmail.com> wrote:
> From an application programmers perspective using REEF, I would want to get
> the result back if possible (maybe it is a long running task) and be
> informed that something is going wrong disposing of resources after running
> a task.

That is a valid point, and the current behavior of both our Java and
C# code. They both give you a completed task, followed by a failure.
REEF.NET gives you a FailedEvaluator, REEF/Java gives you a
FailedTask.

Which of those would you prefer? Or is there another sequence of
events that makes more sense?

Markus