reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: Updating Avro from 1.7.7 to 1.8.1
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 15:35:39 GMT
> What is the JSON version used in AVRO 1.8.1?

Julia, the change proposed is on the Java side only. Hence, it won't change
the version of Newtonsoft JSON we depend on on the .NET side. My main
concern is that Avro 1.8.1 for Java might generate serialized data
incompatible with Avro for .NET. Shouheng's tests seem to indicate that
that is not the case.

Are there any other tests we'd need to run before we can move?

Markus