reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject [Discuss] How to deal with `ITask.Dispose()` / `Task.close()` exceptions
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2017 18:14:51 GMT
Hi,

I noticed an imprecision in how we deal with exceptions in
`Task.close()` in Java or `ITask.Dispose()`:

  * REEF.NET today crashes the Evaluator when such an exception
occurs, but after a result or other exception is sent to the Driver.

  * REEF/Java sends such a exception to the Driver, but potentially
after also sending a result or prior exception to the Driver. This
probably leads to Driver failure.

How do we want to deal with this? My gut feeling is that throwing
exceptions in `.Dispose()` or `.Close()` should constitute a Task
failure. However, when I change REEF.NET that way, many of our own
tests fail.

WDYT?

Markus