reef-dev mailing list archives

From Taegeon Um <taegeo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Timely releases with known issues vs. rare issue-free releases
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 01:37:19 GMT
Hi,

I am totally agree with Markus on timely releases and making a release with
a `known issues` section.
If the test failures are rare, it would be good to note down the known
issues and move forward to the release.

My main concern is that "until when do we have to keep them as known
issues?". We cannot keep them as known issues forever.
I think at least we need a cut-off date. For example, if we find transient
failures in 0.16 snapshot, we should resolve them until the next release
(0.17)?

Thanks,
Taegeon

2017. 4. 12. 오전 6:09에 "Byung-Gon Chun" <bgchun@gmail.com>님이 작성:

I understand this concern. It's been about a month since we started to talk
about release 0.16. Also, our last release occurred long time ago.

Mariia, Taegeon, Sergiy, and Julia have been working to fix test failure
issues for release 0.16. Since we heard from Julia, I hope to hear from
Mariia, Taegeon, and Sergiy as well. What're your thoughts?

--
Byung-Gon Chun