reef-dev mailing list archives

From Rogan Carr <rogan.c...@gmail.com>
Subject [REEF-1778] The IIMRUResultHandler Dispose() method isn't allowed to complete before the job finishes.
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2017 01:07:24 GMT
Hi All,

I have run into an interesting issue in the IMRU API where there seems to
be a race condition at the end of the job between the Dispose() method in
the IIMRUResultHandler (and therefore in the UpdateTaskHost) and whatever
signals that the job should end. I have created [REEF-1778] "The
IIMRUResultHandler Dispose() method isn't allowed to complete before the
job finishes" to document this issue, including logs that clearly show that
Dispose() isn't done when the job ends.

My hunch is that the driver is calling Dispose() on the UpdateTaskHost()
and then telling YARN that it is finished, and then YARN kills the
container.

Does anybody have any thoughts on what the issue might be?

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Rogan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/REEF-1778