reef-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Saikat Kanjilal (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (REEF-1583) Fix CoreCLR issues in Org.Apache.REEF.Network
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 16:29:41 GMT


Saikat Kanjilal commented on REEF-1583:

[~juliaw] I've added a detailed description as well as sending an email to the dev list, thank
you by the way for the extensive code review, however before moving forward with the code
review we as a community need to make the decision whether or not to move forward to .net
framework 451 or not, please see my email to the dev list and cast your vote.  I will hold
off on responding to code review comments till the decision to move or not is done as my code
review may not be needed

> Fix CoreCLR issues in Org.Apache.REEF.Network
> ---------------------------------------------
>                 Key: REEF-1583
>                 URL:
>             Project: REEF
>          Issue Type: Sub-task
>          Components: REEF.NET
>            Reporter: Doug Service
>            Assignee: Saikat Kanjilal
>            Priority: Blocker
>              Labels: CoreCLR
>         Attachments: PortabilityAnalysis.html
> This JIRA issue's goal is to have the Org.Apache.REEF.Network project work with .net
standard 2.0, in order to do this we are evaluating whether or not to do the upgrade to .net
framework 451:
> What needs to be done to moving to .net framework 451?
> - Upgrade the Org.Apache.Reef.Network project to use 451
> - Figure out what other dependent projects need upgrading as well
> - No need to use my custom cache, we can try to move forward with Microsfot.Extensions.Memory.MemoryCache
> - Do a deep analysis on the ramifications on making this upgrade across all of the codebase,
do we need to fix unit/integration tests as well
> - Refactor the code to get past the portability analyzer warnings (yes this will occure
even after upgrading to 451)
> What if we don't upgrade
>  - I've attached a pull request to REEF-1583, we can use my custom in memory cache, it
works as far as unit tests are concerned , will need to figure out if we need additional integration
> - If we go this route I will need to fix the other portability analyzer warnings by not
upgrading other parts of the code as well

This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA

View raw message