reef-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qiuhe.W...@microsoft.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: 0.16 release plan
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2017 02:20:14 GMT
I am working on some of the .Net AppVeyor test failures now. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergiy Matusevych [mailto:sergiy.matusevych@gmail.com] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:12 PM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Subject: Re: 0.16 release plan

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Tae-Geon Um <taegeonum@gmail.com> wrote:

Oh, never mind.
> I thought that we still need some time to make sure that Unmanaged AM 
> works properly on Hadoop 2.7.3 :)
>

Great, then we have only two items left! :-) I can confirm that Unmanaged AM works on proper
version of YARN; still, we need to address the Java issues (that is, item #1) as they are
related to the Unmanaged AM mode. For example, we must make sure close all threads before
exiting REEF Driver - otherwise, HelloREEFYarnUnmanagedAM example can hang as it does not
currently have a System.exit() call at the end.

Thanks for help!
Sergiy.

> On Mar 16, 2017, at 6:07 AM, Sergiy Matusevych < 
> sergiy.matusevych@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Taegeon,
> >
> > What exactly do you mean by #3? We have a HelloREEF example running 
> > in Unmanaged AM mode (see HelloREEFYarnUnmanagedAM class), and it 
> > works fine on YARN 2.7.3. We also have several examples and unit 
> > tests that check
> the
> > Unmanaged AM and REEF-as-a-library functionality, e.g.
> > HelloREEFEnvironment, ReefOnReefDriver, REEFEnvironmentDriverTest, 
> > and such. What else do you think we should unit test? (I am saying 
> > that our unit tests are comprehensive (they are not!), but I would 
> > love to know
> what
> > area you think we should focus on for 0.16 release)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Sergiy.
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 7:10 AM, Tae-Geon Um <taegeonum@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> It’s been about 10 months since we’ve released the latest version 
> >> (0.15
> > version).
> >> In order not to delay the release any longer, I want to call a 
> >> release
> > vote as soon as possible.
> >>
> >> Do you think it is ok for me to call a 0.16 release vote on next
> Thursday
> > (23th)?
> >> I know there still remain several blocking issues:
> >> 1) Java side CI failures
> >> 2) .NET side CI failures
> >> 3) Unmanaged AM test
> >>
> >> I want to know if it is possible that they can be resolved until 
> >> next
> > Thursday.
> >> I’m currently taking a look at 1) (with Sergiy’s help), and the due 
> >> date
> > is ok to me.
> >> How about 2) and 3) ? As far as I know, 2) is on Julia and Sergiy 
> >> is
> > working on 3).
> >> If the plan seems not ok, could you please share the ETA of them?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Taegeon
> >>
> >>
>
>
Mime
View raw message