reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Building REEF on a Windows 10 machine with only VS 2017
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 23:57:03 GMT
Hi,

it looks like I was a bit too optimistic when I proclaimed that REEF
builds just fine on VS 2017 :-(

On a fresh install of Windows 10 with *only* Visual Studio 2017
installed, you will be asked to install the Windows 8.1 SDK for the
Bridge. If you do so and recompile, the build will fail because
"stdio.h", referenced from JNI, cannot be found.

As a workaround, you can retarget the Bridge to Windows 10 and the
build succeeds. However, this hardly is a permanent solution, as I
don't think those binaries run on Windows Server 2012.

Can someone with more experience in VC++ weigh in? This could be as
benign as our build files not using the proper properties /
environment variables for the include folders...

Thanks,

Markus