reef-dev mailing list archives

From Douglas Service <dsop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building REEF on a Windows 10 machine with only VS 2017
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 00:28:37 GMT
The windows 10 SDK is supposed to be compatible with windows 8.1 and
forwards. See
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/windows-10-sdk.

The Windows 10 SDK is optimized for use on Windows 10. Windows 10 SDK also
is available through Visual Studio Update 3
<https://developer.microsoft.com/windows/downloads>.
Supported operating systems

   - Windows 10
   - Windows 8.1
   - Windows Server 2012 R2
   - Windows Server 2012

Note: Installation on Windows 8.1 and earlier operating systems requires
KB2999226 <https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2999226>. To install through
Windows Update, make sure you install the latest recommended updates and
patches from Microsoft Update before you install the Windows SDK.

Not all tools are supported on earlier operating systems.
Hardware requirements

   - 1.6 GHz or faster processor
   - 1 GB of RAM
   - 4 GB of available hard disk space

Additional requirements

   - For emulator support Windows 8.1 (x64) Professional edition or later
   or Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise (x64) editions are required. A processor
   that supports Client Hyper-V and Second Level Address Translation (SLAT) is
   also required.