reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: location of documentation
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 23:57:37 GMT
On 2017-03-02 15:18, Saikat Kanjilal wrote:
> 2) I've download this open source nuget package (
> http://www.adamriddick.com/memorycache-memory-storage/) and am
> trying to figure out the scope of the rewrite necessary to use this

I'd stay away from this dependency. The page indicates that it is done
by a single developer. Hence, its future is sketchy.

Further, neither the page nor the NuGet entry contain information about
the license of the code. That is problematic for commercial users of
REEF, who'd have to find out whether or not they can use that library.

> 3) I dont think we want to jump to .Net core as that would
> essentially mean a major overhaul/rewrite of the project

How do you mean? We are moving REEF.NET to .NET Core, right?

Markus