reef-dev mailing list archives

From Douglas Service <dsop...@gmail.com>
Subject [REEF-1624] Convert C# projects to use common proto files in lang/common/proto
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 23:55:24 GMT
Sorry the last version got sent before it was complete.

Here is a diff of the proto files replicated on both the java and C# sides
(Java on the left C# on the right).
Each side has a different extra message and there is some namespace
capitalization differences.

Questions:
1) If the extra messages are not used by both sides they should probably
not be in this file. Will these messages be shared in the future?
2) Is there some reason we cannot use the same capitalization for
namespaces on both sides?

In addition, protoc does not run as part of the build on the C# side as the
output is checked into the tree. Thus, as the probuf-net package evolves we
do not know if our proto files will still compile. I looked at the history
and only see one check in for the C# proto files. Do we want to start
running protoc as part of the build and automate edits if needed?

Comments?

dougse@reefdevlx:/code/reef$ diff -w
/code/reef/lang/common/proto/client_runtime.proto
/code/reef/lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Common/Protobuf/Proto/cli
ent_runtime.proto
1c1
< /*
---
> /**
19d18
<
28a28,43
> message JobSubmissionProto {
>  required string identifier     = 1; // the job identifier
>  required string remote_id      = 2; // the remote identifier
>  required string configuration  = 5; // the runtime configuration
>  required string user_name      = 6; // the user name
>

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
>   optional SIZE   driver_size    = 7;
>   optional int32  driver_memory  = 8;
>   optional int32  priority       = 9;
>   optional string queue          = 10;
>
>  repeated FileResourceProto global_file = 11; // files that should be
placed on the driver and all subsequent evaluators
>  repeated FileResourceProto local_File  = 12; // files that should be
placed on the driver only

> }

dougse@reefdevlx:/code/reef$ diff -w
/code/reef/lang/common/proto/evaluator_runtime.proto
/code/reef/lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Common/Protobuf/Proto/eva
luator_runtime.proto
1c1

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
< /*
---
> /**

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
19d18
<
27,30d25
< // ACK the done message from the evaluator
< message DoneEvaluatorProto {

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
< }
<
96,97d90
<     optional StopEvaluatorProto stop_evaluator = 5;
<     optional DoneEvaluatorProto done_evaluator = 6;

dougse@reefdevlx:/code/reef$ diff -w
/code/reef/lang/common/proto/reef_service_protos.proto
/code/reef/lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Common/Protobuf/Proto/ree
f_service_protos.proto
1c1
< /*
---
> /**
19,20c19
<
< option java_package = "org.apache.reef.proto";

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
---
> option java_package = "org.apache.reef.reef.proto";
36a36,60
> enum FileType {

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
>     PLAIN = 0;
>     LIB = 1;
>     ARCHIVE = 2;
> }
>
> // Removed in REEF 0.3 in favor of explicit memory sizes.
> // enum SIZE {
> //    SMALL = 0;
> //    MEDIUM = 1;
> //    LARGE = 2;
> //    XLARGE = 3;
> //}
>
> enum ProcessType {

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
>     JVM = 0;

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
>     CLR = 1;It turns
> }
>
> message FileResourceProto {
>     required FileType type = 1;
>     required string name = 2;
>     required string path = 3;
> }

dougse@reefdevlx:/code/reef$ diff -w
/code/reef/lang/common/proto/reef_protocol.proto
/code/reef/lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Common/Protobuf/Proto/ree
f_protocol.proto
1c1
< /*
---
> /**
19d18
<
27c26
< option java_package = "org.apache.reef.proto";
---
> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
>     optional JobSubmissionProto jobSubmission = 1;

dougse@reefdevlx:/code/reef$ diff -w
/code/reef/lang/common/proto/RemoteProtocol.proto
/code/reef/lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Wake/Remote/Proto/RemoteProtocol.proto
1,18c1,17

26a26,27
dougse@reefdevlx:/code/reef$