reef-dev mailing list archives

From Mariia Mykhailova <mamyk...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: REEFJava build fails on Windows?
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 00:29:21 GMT
I've tried to build current master on my machine, and the build succeeds. Travis CI also builds
successfully.

-Mariia

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergiy Matusevych [mailto:sergiy.matusevych@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 3, 2016 5:23 PM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Subject: REEFJava build fails on Windows?

Hi REEF devs,

Can someone try to build current master from scratch? I am getting the following error:

    [exec]
C:\Users\sergiym.REDMOND\devel\reef\lang\java\reef-wake\wake/../../../../lang/common/proto/RemoteProtocol.proto:
File does not reside within any path specified using --proto_path (or -I).
You must specify a --proto_path which encompasses this file.  Note that the proto_path must
be an exact prefix of the .proto file names -- protoc is too dumb to figure out when two paths
(e.g. absolute and relative) are equivalent (it's harder than you think).

and eventually it complains that java files that should be generated from proto are not there.
:(

I've removed ~/.m2 and cloned the whole repo anew but I am still getting this error. Am I
the only one getting this error? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,
Sergiy.