reef-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject Re: .Net Core Compatibility
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 18:34:54 GMT
On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Mariia Mykhailova
<mamykhai@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Alternatively we could have a dedicated build job in AppVeyor which focuses on running
portability analyzer and reports the number of violations, and this number must not increase
for each PR.

That is what I was thinking. Right now, we have neither one issue
completely resolved nor one project which builds on CoreCLR. Hence,
committing to a monotonic decrease in the overall violation count
would be most feasible. We can also maintain the current number of
violations in the repository and decrease it with every commit that
aims to fix issues. That way, we make our bound on CoreCLR
incompatibilities ever tighter.

WDYT?

Markus