reef-dev mailing list archives

From Douglas Service <dsop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: .NET Core Timmer issues
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2016 00:57:26 GMT
The TimerStage class is used in the following tests on the java side.

   - PubSubThreadPoolStageTest.java
   - TimerStageTest.java
   - LargeMsgTest.java
   - RemoteManagerTest.java
   - RemoteTest.java
   - SmallMessagesTest.java
   - TransportRaceTest.java
   - TransportTest.java

though it is not used on the C# side. However, The test code on the C# side
appears to be incomplete compared to the java side so I am reticent to
delete a class that we may need to provide complete test coverage on the C#
side.

The RxTimeStage class class on the other hand is not used on either the
java or C# side so I agree we should [Osolete] the RxTimerClass and
subsequently delete it both in Java and C#. Java

The difference between TimerStage and RxTimerStage classes is that
TimerStage calls EventHandler<PeriodicEvent> instance whereas calls an
IStaticObservable for time out events.

Doug