reef-dev mailing list archives

From Dylan Hutchison <dhutc...@cs.washington.edu>
Subject Tang in Yarn - overriding a NamedParameter
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 03:28:09 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Dylan Hutchison" <dhutchis@cs.washington.edu>
Date: Aug 1, 2016 7:45 PM
Subject: Tang in Yarn - overriding a NamedParameter
To: <dev@reef.apache.org>

Hi Reefies,

I have a Reef application that runs on Yarn.  Reef is responsible for
distributing some jars to the various containers that start in the Yarn
cluster.

>From what I can tell, Reef uses a JobUploader to put the jars in a location
visible to all the containers.  I need to change this location from the
default.

The default location is controlled by

@NamedParameter(doc = "The job submission directory prefix.",
default_value = "/tmp")
public final class JobSubmissionDirectoryPrefix implements Name<String> {
}

I would like to change this to a custom directory, because /tmp is not a
globally visible location in my cluster.

How do I do so?

Thanks,
Dylan Hutchison