reef-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Jeong <culex496...@gmail.com>
Subject Sequentiality of .NET driver-side events
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2016 22:09:13 GMT
Hi all,

The JobDriver class in reef-bridge-java has many synchronized
(JobDriver.this) keywords, resulting in event handlers of AllocatedEvaluator
and ActiveContext events and such being fired one at a time, sequentially.
This is counter-intuitive to what we want to provide in REEF; events should
be processed concurrently, having synchronization only when the user
intends to.

I would like to know if others agree on this, or if there is some other
intended behavior behind all the synchronization.
If we agree on fixing this issue, then I would like to work on this myself,
especially since I actually have a use case blocked by this one ;)

Thanks,
Jason