reef-dev mailing list archives

From Mariia Mykhailova <mamyk...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Latest Checkstyle requires Java 1.8
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 22:41:52 GMT
Of course, 1.8 build job would be for reference only, if at some point it would require a change
specific to Java 8 we wouldn't do them. But I don't think this will be the case, the new violations
I've seen so far are reasonable - redundant modifiers and modifiers with too broad visibility.

-Mariia

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Jeong [mailto:culex496782@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 12:09 PM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Subject: Re: Latest Checkstyle requires Java 1.8

Hi,

I think we should be careful about having a separate machine that builds and checks the code
on Java 8 while maintaining the main code on 7.
There could be some cases where the build machine enforces style changes that are only possible
on Java 8, such as lambda functions.
Not sure what kind of rules the latest checkstyle requires, though.

Jason