reef-dev mailing list archives

From "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qiuhe.W...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: IMRU Map codec configuration is not passed?
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 18:55:15 GMT
This is basically code cleanup and deprecation thing. In the current usage, it is used in both
IMRU client and tests, we set the same values to both, if one of them is used, the result
is the same.

Making the change is simple. My concern is the conflict with the IMRU fault tolerant work.
If you change now, later I have to do a lot of manual merge as IMRU fault tolerant change
is huge. Can we open a Jira and postpone the work until we merge REEF-1251?

Thanks,
Julia

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Jeong [mailto:culex496782@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2016 11:33 AM
To: dev@reef.apache.org
Subject: Re: IMRU Map codec configuration is not passed?

The IMRUJobDefinitionBuilder class includes the method SetMapInputCodecConfiguration(), which
is 1) public and 2) included in release 0.15.
The problem is, deprecation implies that the functionality is still active, but currently
IMRUJobDefinitionBuilder.SetMapInputCodecConfiguration() does nothing; as Dhruv said, this
is a bug.
I think the most quickest way to solve this would be to remove
SetMapInputCodecConfiguration() and rename
SetUpdateFunctionCodecConfiguration() to SetCodecConfiguration(), but if deleting a public
interface is more problematic then I guess we deprecate both SetMapInputCodecConfiguration()
and SetUpdateInputCodecConfiguration(),
and add a new SetCodecConfiguration() method.

Jason